Anita Matey -life of a plussizeblogger series.



Anita Matey popularly know as Foreign Curves was born in Ghana but raised in Brooklyn, New York. She left Ghana with her mom when she was 5. Her parents are Ghanaians, and she is the eldest of four girls. She loves fashion and is literally excited to create any look to a trend and thereby creating her own unique style. Read on as Anita spills the tea on being a plussize blogger and a confident woman.


what prompted you to be a plussize blogger, and how has it affected you , any upsides or downsides?
       Mysisters were what prompted me into blogging. Being the oldest, I've dealt with insecurities and body image a lot, and I never realized that my younger sisters were watching me. One day my sister came home crying for being bullied for her complexion, and of course I tried to confront her by telling her she's beautiful no matter what anyone says. Her response was "Anita how can you say I'm beautiful when you think you're ugly and big. If we are sisters and you think you're ugly then I'm ugly too". That's when I realized that my sisters were watching my behavior and how I felt with my issues. I wanted to prove to my sisters that beauty came in different sizes and complexion. And to also show them that I wouldn't allow my size to stop me from being me. I've always been into fashion but never pursued it because I felt I was too big. Starting my blog was a way to represent who I am,  my sense of style, and put myself out there in social media to represent a different body and personality you rarely see. Foreign Curves, my blog is a blog dedicated to expressing fashion through confidence and understand the importance of love yourself now. Once you finally love yourself too begin to get comfortable and confident in who you are, allowing yourself to actually liveeee! 

Blogging is really a whole new world for me, especially with social media today. Everyone has something to say about your health. Sometimes you will post a pic of an outfit then you get Instagram doctors advising you to lose weight. As if they knew your medical history. I would say that kind of affects me, I sometimes get nervous 😩 not knowing who will post something negative. But then this proves that not everyone will like you, not everyone will like your pictures but you have to keep going , keep posting and remember your goal. 
I see you are summer ready as you shared your bikini shots which were stunning and beautiful. What are your tips for us big girls to rocking a bikini ?
   Just remember that not everyone is judging you. There are people who are at the beach just to enjoy the beach. There's no need to wait on that perfect body to enjoy the summer and good weather. Put on that bikini, be free, and most importantly have fun. Life is too short to literally think about what others will say about your body. Love you, live now, and be free. The sun won't wait forever.



How do you stay confident as a curvy girl?
I just remind myself of where I use to be. I was never this confident, and it really affected my relationships with everyone. I don't want to be that person anymore. I remind myself that life is literally too short, and there are some many things others are dealing with, why should I let a size that society doesn't approve dictate who I am? Life is so much better when you're loving yourself, and reminding myself that helps me get through the haters, the doubters, and the people who hate themselves and try to put that negative energy on me. 
Such an interesting personality. Thank you so much Anita for being such an inspiration to us all.




Comments

Popular Posts